Freeware Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

freeware games, free games, free computer games for everyone. Arcade, action, platform, racing, RPG, sports, puzzle, simulations, physics, adventure, shooting games all for free, we find'm, we test'm, you play'm.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fyrebug Gone but Game Gonzo found.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
One Mad Gamer
Admin
Admin
One Mad Gamer

Fyrebug Gone but Game Gonzo found. Empty
PostSubject: Fyrebug Gone but Game Gonzo found.   Fyrebug Gone but Game Gonzo found. EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 7:00 am

Fyrebug Gone but Game Gonzo found. Fyrebug

Some time last year the Fyrebug game making site disappeared off the face of the earth with no explanation.

Fyrebug Gone but Game Gonzo found. FyrebugWebsite

Some may remember the website for it's simple game engine and game making properties and it was by far the easiest online game making engine there was to date.

Since it's disappearance, I had on occasions searched for more info as to what happened to the website with no luck until just recently. I did find a post on another website as to where it may have reappeared. While it is no longer called Fyrebug, the game engine still remains. The website is called Game Gonzo and can be found here http://www.gamegonzo.com

Simply register with a valid email address and your away. Please keep in mind that you may want to edit your profile and alter your screen name or your email address will be on all your completed games.

I have since made a simple Snake game called Snakey Bug but as yet you still can not embed code in a web page as it still goes to the old Fyrebug servers. The game can be found here http://www.gamegonzo.com/2012/02/16/snakey-bug
There is also a slight variation to Sankey Bug that I made soon after which has the Old Fyrebug Logo which is easier to see, found here http://www.gamegonzo.com/2012/02/16/snakey-bug-2

Apart from that minor problem which I'm hoping they'll sort out soon, it's as easy as it gets for online game making and within 5 minutes you'll have a completed game. All tiles, backgrounds, music etc are available to use from Game Gonzo or you can make your own.

Fingers crossed that they'll get a server going with heaps of bandwidth for us all to use, enjoy and share Smile
Back to top Go down
One Mad Gamer
Admin
Admin
One Mad Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Fyrebug Gone but Game Gonzo found.   Fyrebug Gone but Game Gonzo found. EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Well, whilst making yet another quick game a couple of weeks back, I thought I'd check back to see if they had fixed the embedded code problem. Still nothing's been done. While I was there tonight I did notice a couple more dead links on Gamegonzo.

I don't know why the embedded game code issue hasn't been fixed yet. I suspect the same old story though. No one can afford the hosting and bandwidth costs.

Anyway here's my latest attempt from 2 weeks ago, it's called Pokemon Bejeweled found here http://www.gamegonzo.com/2012/02/16/pokemon-bejeweled

See if you can beat my high score... if you dare What a Face
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Jazz

Gifts & Rewards Received : Fyrebug Gone but Game Gonzo found. 6rroFyrebug Gone but Game Gonzo found. 4k48Fyrebug Gone but Game Gonzo found. Thank_You

PostSubject: Re: Fyrebug Gone but Game Gonzo found.   Fyrebug Gone but Game Gonzo found. EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 3:11 pm

Great score you have on there. I am playing on a laptop.... no mouse connected. will try to get better with this but might wait to get a mouse or a better computer to try this game again... I will come back to try and beat your score on this one
Back to top Go down
One Mad Gamer
Admin
Admin
One Mad Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Fyrebug Gone but Game Gonzo found.   Fyrebug Gone but Game Gonzo found. EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 3:41 pm

Not sure which game your talking about. All of them were test games really to see if the sites software still worked, apart from Pokemon Bejeweled.
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Jazz

Gifts & Rewards Received : Fyrebug Gone but Game Gonzo found. 6rroFyrebug Gone but Game Gonzo found. 4k48Fyrebug Gone but Game Gonzo found. Thank_You

PostSubject: Re: Fyrebug Gone but Game Gonzo found.   Fyrebug Gone but Game Gonzo found. EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 2:51 pm

I was talking about trying to beat your score on pokemon bejeweled. the one where you taunt everyone to beat your score. it is a high score.. but I plan to beat it someday Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fyrebug Gone but Game Gonzo found.   Fyrebug Gone but Game Gonzo found. Empty

Back to top Go down

Fyrebug Gone but Game Gonzo found.
Page 1 of 1