Freeware Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

freeware games, free games, free computer games for everyone. Arcade, action, platform, racing, RPG, sports, puzzle, simulations, physics, adventure, shooting games all for free, we find'm, we test'm, you play'm.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mod Your Nintendo Gameboy Advance With SP Screen Light

Go down 
AuthorMessage
One Mad Gamer
Admin
Admin
One Mad Gamer

Mod Your Nintendo Gameboy Advance With SP Screen Light Empty
PostSubject: Mod Your Nintendo Gameboy Advance With SP Screen Light   Mod Your Nintendo Gameboy Advance With SP Screen Light EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 3:41 pm

If you've ever owned a Nintendo Gameboy Advance, you'll know the frustration of trying to see your games on the screen as it never had a screen light. I stumbled across another forum [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that explains how to modify your Gameboy Advance with a Gameboy Advance SP screen transplant. The link can be found below.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I spent the last 2 hours tonight reading the wealth of info there and downloaded a couple of pdf instruction files.

There are 2 types of SP screens, front light (1 brightness setting, Model No. AGS-001) and back light (2 brightness settings, Model No. AGS-101). This mod is fairly simple to do but you will need to buy a modified screen ribbon cable extension and know how to solder. You'll also need to modify your case slightly and know if your Gameboy Advance has a 32 pin cable or a 40 pin cable.

Why would you do this you ask?? Well if you have a dead SP with working screen or a GBA that's just sitting there not being used, then you can bring it back to life with this mod. The GBA seems to be the handhold console to have now with this mod. Not only does it feel better in the hands while playing than the flip screen SP, they just look so damn cool.

I bought a dead SP cheap this week to add to the 2 I already own, so I'm seriously considering weather to mod my GBA that sits in my draw collecting dust.

Photo credit to wiggatron who also sells modified consoles and parts including glass screens. Modified Nintendo Gameboy Advance consoles can be found at various websites.

Mod Your Nintendo Gameboy Advance With SP Screen Light Ninten10
Back to top Go down

Mod Your Nintendo Gameboy Advance With SP Screen Light
Page 1 of 1