Freeware Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

freeware games, free games, free computer games for everyone. Arcade, action, platform, racing, RPG, sports, puzzle, simulations, physics, adventure, shooting games all for free, we find'm, we test'm, you play'm.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Slow Death Of Freeware Game Forums

Go down 
AuthorMessage
One Mad Gamer
Admin
Admin
One Mad Gamer

The Slow Death Of Freeware Game Forums Empty
PostSubject: The Slow Death Of Freeware Game Forums   The Slow Death Of Freeware Game Forums EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 9:00 pm

Long gone are the days of a thriving freeware gaming forum. With the now hugely popular social networking scene and mobile apps, it's sad to see some of the greatest freeware games forums dwindling away to oblivion.

Back in the day it was all about free games for your computer with interesting discussions, varied game topics and along the way you could even meet people and make some new friends form all corners of the globe.

Now it seems to be all about what everyone else is doing and people telling and showing the world everything they do, every minute of their lives, useless meaningless messages and pictures in an every increasing spiral of cyber space garbage. But along the way it is said and proven that we are becoming more distant and alienating ourselves from the world around us. It's all about who can be more popular but we are also losing many things. Don't get me wrong, social networking is one of the most powerful pieces of online media there is to date and a great way to share information but if it's at the cost of our privacy, our health and stepping outside into the real world then it's not for me. What concerns me the most is everything is being linked now, all your online accounts.

Anyone can now make a website, make a profile and have the world view their lives with just a few clicks. Maybe one day people will revert back to the old way of doing things online, slow down a bit in life and come back to message boards and have the patience for someone to reply to a message they wrote a day or two later... Hahaha, Yeah I know, wishful thinking isn't it.

Although a little late on the gaming scene, I'll stay here until they kick me off or I meet my maker.  I'm not always here every day but I'll still be around keeping watch on the forum and post what I can, when I can. We're here to stay.

Smile
Back to top Go down

The Slow Death Of Freeware Game Forums
Page 1 of 1