Freeware Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

freeware games, free games, free computer games for everyone. Arcade, action, platform, racing, RPG, sports, puzzle, simulations, physics, adventure, shooting games all for free, we find'm, we test'm, you play'm.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Website Watch (Scams, Ripoffs, Frauds, Complaints)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
One Mad Gamer
Admin
Admin
One Mad Gamer

Website Watch (Scams, Ripoffs, Frauds, Complaints) Empty
PostSubject: Website Watch (Scams, Ripoffs, Frauds, Complaints)   Website Watch (Scams, Ripoffs, Frauds, Complaints) EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 5:53 am

Decided to make a thread on dodgy websites and suspect online activity. If you have been taken for a ride and been ripped off, been mislead in any way with a product or service, please leave your comment here.

I'll start us off.

AVOID DEALFUN.COM

Last year I subscribed to one of those one penny auction sites. Although I was never interested in these types of online auction sites, I decided to give one a go to see if I could win anything. While in the early stages I was winning the odd item, usually under $5, I thought that this was a genuine auction website and I'm sure it was in the beginning. However.... towards the end of last year, members that had won certain items were not getting their items delivered. They were paying for items that they never received and being compensated with bid credits which often disappeared within the week if they weren't used. The operators of dealfun's excuse was always the same, problems with suppliers. I was one of these people who was scammed but I was one of the lucky ones and only lost a few dollars.

Since late last year, complaints have been submitted by the hundreds, quite possibly thousands.

I've read of newly registered members having around $99 taken out from their account to be verified and it not being returned. Goods being payed for and not being delivered. People spending vasts amounts of money on bids to win nothing. While in it's boom time the site offered great items, iPads, iPhones, PS3 consoles, Xbox 360 consoles, Plasma TV's, DVD players, Kindle e-readers, tablets, remote control toys etc but now they are only offering head bands, cheap perfume and junk jewelery. You're better off going to your local $2 shop than put any more trust in this site and the filth involved with this business.

All I know is, this website generated vasts amounts of money in a short period of time for the people involved and there is rumors that automated bidding bot programs were at play. I could actually understand this with how some of the bidding was done as I did spend a lot of time on the site and there were always glitches with the bidding system and website. Something did happen within the ranks of this business and a lot of unhappy customers are waiting for the truth as to what happened and would like what they paid for or their money back.

You can stick your bid's where the sun doesn't shine!

At the end of the day all I can say is from experience, stay clear from one penny auction websites and stick with what works and is proven and that's normal bidding auction websites where the item for auction ends at a set time.
Back to top Go down

Website Watch (Scams, Ripoffs, Frauds, Complaints)
Page 1 of 1